Implementing Screening and Brief Intervention in Trauma and Other Inpatient Departments
Discussion: Substance use Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is a simple, time limited, cost effective practice that has been shown to decrease substance use, reduce readmission, lower costs, and improve outcomes among Trauma Care Patients. Multiple implementation models indicate that SBIRT can be integrated into existing processes and easily molded to complement current standards of care.
- Understanding SBI (screening and brief intervention)
- Making the case for SBI in your trauma center
- Key components of a successful SBI program in the trauma center
- Implementation models and Scalability
- Bridges to implementation
- Integration into existing services