The Health Professional's Guide to Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT): An Introduction to Identification and Early Intervention
This three part training will introduce health professionals to:
- the use of valid, brief screening tools and determining recommended level of intervention based on level of risk;
- delivering brief interventions informed by motivational interviewing (MI); and
- providing referral and facilitating linkages to treatment, and providing continuing care/follow-up for patients who screen at risk.
Presenters: Tracy L. McPherson & invited guests
Participants learn to use brief intervention protocols using motivational interviewing strategies to assist patients in behavioral change. Participants learn about and receive copies of free resources to support implementation of SBIRT with patients, including education and self-management materials (e.g., NIAAA’s “Rethinking Drinking”).
- PowerPoint Slides
- Colorado SBIRT Guidelines Protocol
- FLO by Dunn and Field
- Harmful Interactions Alcohol & Medications
- List of Sample Alcohol SBIRT Protocols and Copies of AUDIT 3 level and MI-Informed
- Rethinking Drinking
- SBIRT Basic AUDIT-C
- SBIRT Checklist NORC-GW
- SBIRT Colorado Readiness Ruler
- Tips for Cutting Down on Drinking
Certificate of Attendance:
CE credit for this webinar has expired and is no longer available.
Participants learn how to provide referral and facilitate linkages to treatment using MI strategies and to provide continuing care/follow-up for patients who screen at risk.