Special Populations: SBIRT and Marijuana Use & SBIRT and Child-bearing Age Women
Presenters shared findings from their efforts to answer research questions from a projected 10,000 screens such as:
- How ready to change are women after receiving a brief intervention in response to their risky behaviors?
- Does readiness to change depend upon the substances being used, the age of the patient, or other demographic factors?
- What percentage of patients screened in healthcare settings through the SBIRT program are using marijuana?
- How ready are patients to change their marijuana use after receiving a brief intervention in response to risky use?
- Does readiness to change depend upon whether patients have a state-issued medical marijuana card?
Presenters also reviewed the larger program goals of SBIRT and discussed why Colorado has expanded its SBIRT program to these specific populations.
Presenters: Brie Reimann, MPA, Director, Policy and Development, Peer Assistance Services, & Jen Shepherd, PhD, Evaluation Researcher and Project Manager, OMNI Institute
CE Credit and Certificate: CE credit for this webinar has expired and is no longer available.